Each year the St. Johns Cultural Council recognizes women who have influenced the artistic environment in St. Johns County with the Dr. Gail Pflaster ROWITA Award (Recognizing Outstanding Women in the Arts.)
The community is encouraged to submit nominations of women who have made significant contributions to the arts community through their leadership or philanthropic support in St. Johns County over the course of their lifetime.
The nominee’s impact on the arts community in St. Johns County is the most important criteria for determining the final selections. Visual, literary, and performance artists; educators, presenters and philanthropic supporters of the arts are eligible for the award. Past nominees who have not been selected are also eligible to be re-nominated.
The deadline for submissions is December first of each year. Only fully completed nominations will be considered.
Dr. Gail Pflaster ROWITA Application
Please submit each item requested for your nomination to be considered.
Date of submission:
1. List your contact information as the person submitting the application and making the nomination.
City: State: Zip:
2. List the contact information for the person you are nominating.
City: State: Zip:
Artist Website - if applicable:
Suggested minimum age for nominee is 60 years.
3. Number of years applicant has resided in St. Johns County.
(Suggested minimum of 6 years)
4. Submit a headshot of the nominee.
Photo will be used for publicity. Attach to email submissions as a jpeg.
5. Submit the nominee’s personal biography.
Place of birth, education, etc.
6. Submit nominee's artistic biography. Please include all the accomplishments that show leadership or support for the arts in St. Johns County. Nominees may also be non-artists who have shown leadership and support for the arts either through their work (both paid and volunteer) and/or their financial support.
7. Submit up to five supporting materials.
Include press coverage or letters of support that show your nomination as an arts leader/supporter in St. Johns County. Do not submit more than five.
8. Describe why you believe your nominee should receive a ROWITA Award.
Include the community impact of the nominee’s work, contributions, leadership or advocacy to the arts community in St. Johns County. One-page maximum.
Email completed nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org with any necessary attachments in pdf, word and jpg formats. If you need help with your online submission, please call the St. Johns Cultural Council at 904-808-7330. We encourage you to submit your application by email but if you are unable to submit digitally please submit your nomination to: St. Johns Cultural Council, 15 Old Mission Avenue, St. Augustine, FL 32084.